"This is what I have been wanting to learn for years. I look forward to practicing these skills. Every teacher should have this knowledge and practice teaching these multisensory methods. Every child would benefit from this type of instruction. If I'd been taught to do this in my undergraduate years, a lot of people, including my son would not have had to struggle with ineffective curriculum. " Holly Colasacco. Academic Therapist
HOW DO I START?
1) Register today for Language 1 Sounds In Syllables ONLINE
2) Attend our Online Information Session on March 8 at 7:00 pm. - RSVP now!
ADVANTAGES OF BECOMING AN ACADEMIC LANGUAGE THERAPIST WITH ASDEC
1) ASDEC fully supports you with screening and placing students at no extra cost while you are in our training program.
2) ASDEC prepares you for National Certification - we have a 100% pass rate!
3) ASDEC supervisors are ALWAYS there to answer questions and provide support
4) ASDEC is known throughout the region as the ONLY IMSLEC accredited and IDA endorsed training centers - schools, psychologists, parents, and education advocates refer families to us for services.
5) Career opportunities - you can join our team as a supervisor, instructor, math specialist, writing and study specialist, advocate, etc.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US AT 301-762-2414
More InformationASDEC therapists work with students for a minimum of three times per week. Accreditation through the International Multisensory Language Education Council (IMSLEC) ensures that students receive an approved Orton-Gillingham Based Reading curriculum. ASDEC is the only IMSLEC training center in the Washington, DC area that has received a direct endorsement from the International Dyslexia Association for meeting its rigorous Knowledge and Practice Standards for Reading Instruction.
When evaluating the credentials of reading specialist, the International Dyslexia Association recommends using their EVALUATING EDUCATIONAL PROFESSIONALS guide. ASDEC therapists meet all of these standards.